THE LEARNING NEVER ENDS
Following her Expert profile, Goa-based yoga teacher Sharmila Desai recommends resources for diving deeper into women's health and the yogic practice, as well as devotional music for inner peace and joy.
INSPIRING PEOPLE ON WOMEN'S HEALTH
Christian Northrop - Obstetrician, gynecologist, author and a foremost advocate of women's health and wellness.
Susun Weed - Herbal health expert, author and the founder of Wise Woman University.
Aviva Romm - A certified professional midwife, herbalist, author and the former president of the American Herbalists Guild.
Frédérick Leboyer - A French obstetrician and author best known for the book Birth Without Violence.
The book Wild Feminine by Tami Lynn Kent
READINGS ON YOGA
Awakening the Spine: Yoga for Health, Vitality and Energy by Vanda Scaravelli.
Yoga Mala by Sri K. Pattabhi Jois.
Ramana Maharishi - A Hindu sage who became an internationally renowned guru.
T.K.V. Desikachar's Religiousness in Yoga and the life of Krishnamacharya.
Vedanta for Modern Man by Christopher Isherwood.
A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry.
Walking Towards Ourselves: Indian Women Tell their Stories edited by Catriona Mitchell.
- Hari Prasad Chaurasia - Indian classic flautist.
- Bhagavad Gita - the divine song chanted from beginning to end.
- Kishori Amonkar - my mother and grandmother's favorite Indian vocalist. Her music was her sadhana and you could hear her devotion in every note.
- Gayatri Mantra sung by Pandit Jasraj.
- Yoga is a Life Path - Sharmila's beautiful message on yoga as a spiritual science, change as a constant part of life and practice in our everyday living to find happiness and experience lasting transformation.